The COPS Unit (Community Oriented Police Services) is a full-time unit consisting of three deputies. Each deputy assigned to this unit is required to go through several state certified courses dealing with Community Oriented Policing Strategies.
The county is divided into three areas and each COPS officer is assigned as the Community Policing Officer for his or her area. COPS officers routinely attend township meetings and also help coordinate neighborhood watch groups and regularly attend those neighborhood watch meetings.
The COPS Unit is also involved in:
- Crime prevention programs such as Identity Theft, Operation I.D., Cyberbullying, etc.
- Senior safety programs such as the Senior Citizen Police Academy and the Senior Expo.
- Community events such as Police Memorial Week, National Night Out and the County Fair.
- Youth Academies in June, July and August.
- Neighborhood Enhancement and Alliance Team N.E.A.T
Go to: Crime Prevention Awareness for informative downloads.
|Deputy Yaira Barrios
|Deputy Don Hartshorn
|Deputy Donny Parham